Yoga is adopted for various purposes by different people. And it’s an excellent approach to boost your overall comfort and well-being through the health benefits of Yoga.
We live in a sound-byte society, where our daily obligations leave us with little time for exercise, especially in the mornings, when it is most beneficial. However, you don’t have to devote much time to yoga to reap its health benefits. Yoga can be done at home or work. Fifteen minutes of yoga each day would be enough.
Try 15 minutes of yoga daily as part of your health and wellbeing routine!
On the other hand, yoga provides a systematic blend of positions, deep breathing, and meditation that you can do in 5-10 minutes or less, depending on your preference- and will leave you feeling refreshed and ready to face the day.
So, what exactly is this short routine I’m referring to? The Sun Salutations are what it’s called.
They are incredibly simple to master and can be done by almost anyone, regardless of their degree of fitness or flexibility. Actually, if you’re familiar with burpees (a calisthenics exercise), they are descended from them. Because with burpees, the focus is on a full-body calisthenics workout that aims to build muscle strength and endurance in both your lower and upper body. The legs, hips, buttocks, tummy, arms, chest, and shoulders are all strengthened during a basic burpee workout.
They are not only an exercise regimen, but they also perform the following functions.
They help to treat your skin and waist problems.
They gently train your legs and arms while boosting circulation and restoring limb flexibility.
They’re one of the most effective ways to burn calories and lose weight, and are frequently prescribed for obesity and depression.
They are a great technique to loosen up, stretch, and massage your body’s joints and internal organs.
The body’s systems, including the endocrine, circulatory, reproductive, and digestive systems, are stimulated and balanced by them.
Study, memorize, and practice the following for instructions on how to accomplish them:
1. As in a prayer position, stand upright with your palms together.
2. Exhale and raise your arms above your head.
3. Stand upright with your palms together in a prayer position.
4. Inhale and extend your right leg backward, keeping your hands and left foot firmly planted on the ground. While the head is bowed backward, the left knee should be between the palms.
5. Inhale deeply and hold your breath. Moving the left leg out from the body, keep your body in a straight line from head to foot by resting on your hands (arms straight) and maintaining both feet together and knees on the floor.
6. Exhale and drop yourself to the ground. Only eight parts of the body touch with the floor in this position: the feet, the knees, the hands, the chest, and the forehead.
7. Inhale and bend back as much as you can, bending the spine as far as it can.
8. Take a deep breath and lift your body off the floor. Keep your toes and heels on the ground.
9. Inhale and raise your right foot to the level of your hands; your left foot and knee should be flat on the ground. Then, look up, gently bending your spine (position #4).
10. Exhale and step forward with your left leg. Maintain the third position by keeping the knees straight and bringing the head down to the knees.
11. Inhale as you raise your arms overhead and bend backward—the same as in Position 2.
12. Exhale and relax by lowering your arms.
One round has now been finished.
You can perform as many rounds in multiples of 3 as you can. However, you should strive for a minimum of 6 games and a maximum of 30. It only takes 5-10 minutes, depending on your speed and intensity, and is best done first thing in the morning with as little clothing as possible in front of an open window.
So, if you’re short on time yet need to be energized in a way only physical activity can provide, try the Sun Salutations. Your body will thank you, as will your mind. Stay fit and healthy!
The links contained in this product review may result in a small commission if you opt to purchase the product recommended at no additional cost to you. This goes towards supporting our research and editorial team and please know we only recommend high-quality products.
Please understand that any advice or guidelines revealed here are not even remotely a substitute for sound medical advice from a licensed healthcare provider. Make sure to consult with a professional physician before making any purchasing decision if you use medications or have concerns following the review details shared above. Individual results may vary as the statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.