Yoga is a complex discipline for beginners to skilled yogis. The asanas, or postures, are designed to be done slowly and steadily and are not meant to be unpleasant, but that does not make them easy. Never overextend oneself to the point of discomfort. With repetition, you should be able to easily relax into the stretches.
However, there are a few pointers for beginners when it comes to yoga. Before you begin, let go of all negative or positive ideas.
- Turn off your phone and don’t answer the door, you need peace and quiet.
- Make sure you take a warm, relaxing shower and that you wear comfortable clothes that will allow you to stretch easily.
- You can use aromatherapy that will relax and help to clear your thoughts.
- You'll want to get a yoga mat so you may relax on it rather than slipping and sliding on the floor.
- Make sure your shoes and socks are off and that your hair is either comfortable pulled back or no, whatever feels better.
- Turn the lights low or you can do it in the sunlight, whatever suits you.
- You may want to turn some relaxing music of nature, perhaps the beach.
- Belts or ropes are used to grab your legs and pull them into a better stretch, which should feel delicious.
- Blocks can be used to prop yourself up and sit or stand more comfortably.
Without the prop support, you may not be able to attain some postures. Just remember that although the postures are important, performing them perfectly is not the goal. Yoga is not just an exercise; it includes the mind and intelligence and the reflection in action. These tools make it easier for you as a beginner in yoga, but you will find that eventually, you will not need them. Some people prefer taking a yoga class so they are guided properly. There is nothing wrong with this, but keep in mind that only you can take your mind and spirit as far as it was meant to go, alone.
P.S. Grab this free gift today and transform your life! Vit Cornu - Journey to Health & Wellness
Did you enjoy reading this post? If so, why not share it with others & visit us on Facebook or Instagram.